Week of November 6th, 2023
This week was a big week for us at Replo - we took the whole team back to the drawing board to work together on a bunch of smaller editor improvements and bug-fixes that have been requested for a while 🙌
- There’s a new Replo State trigger for PDPs which allows a state to be triggered when the template product is one of a specific set of products. This is great for complicated PDP templates where you only want to show certain sections for certain products 🥳
- We’ve improved how States are displayed for interactions - if you add an interaction for a specific State, you’ll now see that State selected in the interactions tab 🪅
- Update to rich-text editing in Replo: when pasting a URL on selected text, we now automatically generate links 🎉
- When deleting a State in Replo, the previous state is now correctly selected 🚀
- Better experience for selecting different types of content in Replo - when you click on the content type, for example “Posts” or “Sections”, the last one of that type will become selected automatically. One less click!🕺
- Fixed an issue where if a component name was very long, the blue bar in the editor preview would look incorrect
- Fixed an issue where information icons weren't properly aligned in the new page/post creation interface
- Fixed an issue where when selecting products in certain areas of the editor, you would have to click directly on the checkbox to select a product, instead of just on the product’s name
- We've addressed a problem where page previews would not work if they included an Option List which referenced a Product directly, instead of via Dynamic Data
- Fixed an issue with Replo Marketplace where the grid was not optimal for larger screens and would stretch out the cards
- Fixed an issue in the editor where certain inputs in the editor would not show as highlighted when they were focused
- Fixed an issue where for certain Interactions, the editor for editing the interaction details would not appear
- Fixed an issue where if your Shopify store was closed, Replo would show a lot of “unknown error” popups. We now show a nicer message and let you edit Replo pages, even with a closed store
- Fixed an issue within the Interactions editor where the positioning would become inconsistent if you collapsed the “On Click” group in the right bar
- Fixed an issue where if you copy/paste a Replo State to where it doesn’t make sense (for example, moving a product state outside of a product container) it will correctly reset
- Fixed a technical glitch that was causing unwanted flickering images for the ticker component in Safari browsers (including on iPhones)
- Fixed an issue with certain themes where button focus styles would not show correctly
- Fixed an issue where for very large pages, the header would “flicker” and appear for a short time even when it was hidden via Replo
- Fixed an issue with embedded apps which add product line-item inputs with checkboxes where in certain cases, the value of the checkbox would not be respected when adding the product to the cart
- Fixed an issue that didn't allow users to update article title and featured image of blog posts in certain cases
- Fixed an error where on certain Browsers, autoplay for videos would not work correctly for some Video components
- Fixed an issue in the left-bar component tree where “null” would sometimes show up in tooltips
- Fixed an issue related to Replo running on stores with Langify installed, where the initial load of the editor would sometimes take a very long time (e.g. 10 seconds) to finish
- Fixed an issue where pages which referenced a large number of product metafields would sometimes fail to publish
- Fixed an issue where if you pressed publish at a very specific time during editor loading, some product data would not get loaded onto the published page
- Fixed an issue related to the Kaching Bundles app integration where add to cart interactions would not respected the Kaching-controlled bundle products in certain cases
- Fixed an issue with the Infinite Options app integration where in certain cases the same option would always be selected
Week of October 30th, 2023
- Resolved an issue where the Recharge widget would not update selling plans correctly in Add To Cart actions. Introduced a new Advanced Setting that aids third part embed overrides extended selling plans functionality, which enables more subscription apps, like Seal Subscriptions, to work seamlessly with Replo 🎊
- Improved performance of the product selector for PDPs - we now request product data from Shopify more efficiently, so you don’t have to wait as long to see products to select ⚡
Week of October 23rd, 2023
- Fixed an issue with page previews where a tooltip would sometimes be displayed in the wrong location.
- Fixed an issue where for certain pages, the page would not show up on the Replo Playground store.
- We tackled a very gnarly issue where the height of the page preview in the Replo Editor would sometimes be slightly cut-off so that you couldn’t see the whole page until doing certain actions like entering and exiting preview mode.
- Improved the product selector for PDP templates - you can now scroll through more products at a time more efficiency! 🏷️
- Fixed an issue where page redirection scripts on some Shopify themes would prevent the editor from loading. If this is the case, you’ll now see a specific error message with steps to help resolve the issue 🎯
- Fixed an issue that led to a the wrong Replo plan name being shown in the editor under certain conditions.
Week of October 16th, 2023
- We’re launching Page Previews in Replo! 🎉 This is a feature that has been in the works a long time, to enable previewing a page before publishing it to your store. Let us know if you’ve got feedback on this new feature in our Slack community!
- We’re also launching the Template Defaults feature to help you follow your brand’s design identity when importing templates 🙌
- Fixed an issue with Product Templates where dynamic product metafield data was sometimes not injected correctly for certain products. Thanks for everyone who reported this bug and some others for this new feature!
- A few design updates for the text editor in the dynamic data UI. Hopefully a better user experience!
- Slightly improved selection labels for setting overflow on containers
- Fixed a styling issue where buttons appeared stretched out in certain cases.
- Updated the visual design and alignment of the Replo Editor’s tooltips. They look so much smarter now!
Week of October 9th, 2023
- Corrected a caching issue affecting the multi-product option swatches, which resulted in poor user experience when creating swatches in the editor
- Fixed an issue with the referral code imports in the partnership dashboard, where updating referral codes would not work in some places
- Corrected a visual inconsistency with swatch options, ensuring that when you define swatch colors for multiple products, they appear separated by product in the editor
- Resolved an issue with automatic republishing of Replo pages when a new theme is published on your Shopify store
Week of October 2nd, 2023
- We've got a feature now that ensures when you remove a product from the template settings, it resets to the default product template - only if it is currently associated with the template you're modifying. 🎉
- Now the search for default components in the left panel takes the group name into account. For example, searching for "Shopify" will find the "Shopify/Section" component 🙌
- Fixed an issue with incorrect names of some of the templates in the left bar search
- Slightly easier experience for selecting products in the editor - the product selector search bar will now automatically focus 😌
- Fixed an issue that resulted in invisible Unicode characters inside page names, leading to confusion. We filter those characters out now!
- Fixed an issue where hovers over the tooltip kept the tooltip around, making it hard to click in certain places
- Fixed an issue where if you updated page settings via the header dropdown menu, in certain cases the page would revert to an earlier version. Thanks to everyone who reported this!
- Resolved an issue in the Dynamic Data interface where the close button size was inconsistent and the there were some slight visual errors
- Resolved a bug that caused options to go missing from modifiers on the first time you dragged them into the editor for new components
Week of September 25th
- We've cooked up a new method for editing text in the editor preview. This should result in a smoother editing experience! 📝
- Fixed an issue with Blog Post unpublishing not working correctly in some instances
- Fixed an issue in the project dashboard where it would not scroll
- Saving a component template now comes with a cool new spinner. No more staring at a static screen! 🌀
- Fixed an issue where the some forms would not correctly validate inputs on the partner dashboard
- Fixed an issue with the Accordion component where it would incorrectly open and close in the editor
Week of September 18th
- You can now directly update your Replo User Profile within the app. Handy! 🎈
- Improved support for variant metafields which now use the
| image_urlfilter more effectively 🌟
- Fixed an issue where the Reviews.io widget was looping due to an unnecessary script call
- Fixed an issue with Replo editor not loading for some stores due to how Shopify renders URLs in certain cases
- Fixed an issue where a non-functional interface was sometimes displayed for blog posts
- Fixed an issue causing duplication of components in sections with very specific configurations
- Fixed an issue where custom dataset attributes were not being added to certain components
Week of September 11th
- The Replo team has been hard at work on our upcoming feature for creating Product Templates in Replo!
- A minor tweak to how Replo’s pricing works - the 'plus' plan is now called 'standard', and the ‘starter’ plan is now called ‘basic’. This should hopefully convey the different plans a little more effectively 🤝
- Fixed an issue with the Postscript integration where the embed would not fully functional in Popups
- Fixed an issue where in certain cases, some users would experience slowness/lagginess in the editor
- Fixed an issue with the Dynamic Data interface where there was an unnecessary close button and the appearance was inconsistent with the rest of the editor.
- Fixed an issue where in certain cases, the message that says there’s an existing Shopify page at a URL would be incorrect
- Fixed an issue with saved templates where empty product collections collections would not show up in certain cases
Week of September 4th
- Improvement to project permissions: you'll now be alerted when trying to access a project with no editor access. No more lost souls! 👻
- Added improved support for multi-line metafields. Words just got more freedom! 🕊️
- Fixed a bug with the page settings interface was popping up at absolutely wrong times. No more interruptions!
- Fixed an issue where deleting saved component templates was would cause errors in certain cases.
- Fixed an issue where we in certain cases would be fetched using the wrong URL. Now we use the correct URL!
- Fixed the annoying issue when the order of saved component templates would sometimes be incorrect.
- Fixed the weird bug when some extremely specific dynamic data price options didn't map correctly to Liquid.
- We've jazzed up the integrations page design. Hope you like this fresh look! 😍
Week of August 27th
- Support for autoplay for the Vimeo integration is here! Also fixed some issues around autoplay with videos on iOS. 📺🍿
- Some improvements to the dynamic checkout button component, which should help it function in an even wider array of themes! 🏪
- Expanded variety of Google fonts to choose from 🌈
- Fixed an issue with the text editor where there was an unnecessary close button and inconsistent styling in certain cases.
- Fixed an issue where the Dynamic Data interface was not properly creating preview images for Saved Components
- Fixed an issue with scrolling behavior on iOS, where in certain browser versions, scrolling on a Popup component would scroll the page behind it
- Fixed an issue where certain components inside the Quantity Selector component would not be able to be dragged around
- Fully resolved an issue in the loading interface for Shopify Products which would cause the products to load slowly sometimes. Time is money after all ⏱️
- Fixed an issue where if you tried to drag a component into a place where it wasn’t allowed, an incorrect error message would be shown
Week of August 20th
Inside Replo, we're working hard on a lot of new features, performance improvements and support for PDPs being the top of the list. If you've signed up for the PDPs beta, don't worry - we'll be in touch soon to let you play around with it!
Say hello to the new Postscript Signup Form Component that allows for seamless integration of PostScript's SMS marketing service on your pages 🎉
We've tackled a bunch of performance issues related to fonts, carousels, and hidden components, making your pages load faster 🚀
We've made some changes to reduce the size of the pages that Replo generates, especially for images and hidden components. In some cases, this results in page size savings of around 20% 😮
When installing Replo, you'll now be redirected directly to the editor for your store - no more unnecessary stops at
Fixed an issue where the error popup that showed up when another user had already edited the page was green instead of red - less confusing! 🎈
Fixed an issue where users were unable to select items in lists by clicking the checkboxes ✅
Fixed an issue where the source of an image would not get reset in certain conditions, causing potential problems when trying to publish pages after updating large SVG images 🖼️
Fixed an issue where Replo sections that were embedded into pages using the Shopify Section component would highlight incorrectly in the editor 🛠️
Fixed an issue with long blog paths in the page settings interface would unexpectedly extend beyond their container. Now they're neatly truncated 👌
Fixed an issue where in certain cases Google Fonts would not load 🅰️
Fixed an issue where sometimes the "Design, Config, Interactions" tags would overflow and their spacing would look incorrect
Week of August 14th
- Fixed an issue where Dynamic Data for variant featured images with certain URLs would cause images not to display
- Fixed an issue where an error popup would show in the editor for certain component configurations even though there was no actual error
- Fixed an issue where in certain product components, if one of the original variants of the product which was previously selected was deleted in Shopify, then sometimes "placeholder" products would display on the live page.
- Replo now supports better login URLs, so you'll be automatically redirected to the appropriate place after logging in 🥳
- Fixed an issue where the display of the selected font in the editor would appear incorrectly
- Fixed an issue with the "Option In List Is Unavailable" Statewhere in certain cases the state would now correctly show unless you clicked on another option
- Fixed an issue where in certain stores, pages would not preview in the editor unless you clicked back and forth between different pages
- Fixed an issue where in certain cases, the Liquid code that Replo creates would show an error in the Shopify theme code editor
- Fixed an issue where if you selected "hide header" when creating a new page then switched to creating a section, using that section on a page would still cause the header to be hidden
- Fixed an issue with Carousels where non-whole numbers like 1.5s for the automatic scroll transition time would not work correctly 🎠
- We've updated how Dynamic Data works with data collections in Carousels! Instead of having to select the correct type of dynamic data first, you can now just select it from the dynamic data popup just like any other dynamic data in Replo 🥳
- Fixed an issue where in certain cases the 'role' and 'aria-label' accessibility attributes would not be applied correctly to Icon components
- Fixed an issue where in the Replo editor if you didn't have access to a project, you'd just see a spinner which would spin forever. Now, there's a helpful screen which lets you know you don't have access to the project 🎊
Week of August 7th
Tons of really great work happened this week - the Replo team is getting the PDPs beta ready for launch and we've rolled out a ton of new integrations and improvements!
- 🎉 You can now use the Carousel Autoscroll feature more efficiently: the description is dynamic, and the 'to value' is automatically set to the featured image of the selected variant.
- A brand new accessibility menu has been added for containers! You can access this through Config tab -> Accessibility. 🎊
- Lots of new updates on third-party integrations! New integrations and embeddable components for Shopify Reviews and Ratings, Judge.me, Stamped, Fera.ai, and KnoCommerce have landed on your editor. 🤩
- Fixed a bug with the Replo Marketplace where templates would sometimes incorrectly create new sections
- Fixed an issue with Replo Marketplace where in certain cases the search functionality would not return any results
- Fixed an issue with Replo Marketplace where when you loaded certain specific URLs on first page load, the content would not show up correctly
- Fixed a bug related to incorrect metafield recognition which would result in an error in pages which used specific metafield setups
- Fixed an error related to the Product Options component where in certain configurations, the page would fail to publish
- Fixed an issue with specific themes where the editor would work incorrectly!
Week of July 31st
We're making some last adjustments before releasing the beta version of creating Shopify PDP templates in Replo! If you're interested, please fill out this form to sign up!
- Reviews.io widget received some love! It's now more robust to verious types of installation methods for your theme and correctly resizes in the editor preview.
- An improved flow for sharing and linking to Replo templates is live! Copy a link to the template from the Marketplace, and anyone with a Replo account can import and use it 🚀
- Fixed an issue with Popup where in certain cases, the background of the page would scroll behind the popup
- Fixed an issue with the Contact Sales form where the content would not reset after form submission
- Fixed an issue with the Ticker in right-to-left mode where the animation would look incorrect if there were certain types of images in the Ticker. Now, your tickers will look sleek no matter the direction they're moving 🏄♂️.
- Fixed an issue with Container, where a container would delete itself automatically even if it had a background image 🙌
- Billing plans are smarter now! They respond correctly to your Shopify store's billing being frozen and unfrozen, part of our effort to bring greater flexibility to your subscription management and better integration with your store's billing plans if you're billed through Shopify 💆♀️
- Fixed an issue where dynamic data values for certain URLs resulted in images not loading correctly
- Fixed an issue where Shopify page template would sometimes be unexpectedly reset if you changed a setting about the page but didn't publish afterward, resulting in pages that looked "blank." Thank you to the community for reporting this one!
- Fixed an issue where deleting pages/sections would sometimes not remove the corresponding asset files from the Shopify theme. Now, deleting pages leaves no trace at all in your theme, which helps with theme cleanliness
- Fixed a bug with the Ticker width calculations which would sometimes produce unsightly "jumping" animations
- Fixed an issue where names of pages would sometimes become "cut-off" at the first "/" character. Now, your element names will present just as you intended.
Week of July 24th
The team is making a ton of progress towards a beta version of creating Shopify PDP templates in Replo! If you're interested, please fill out this form and we'll be in touch!
- New updates for the Carousel component! We've added an easier-to-use config and accessibility tabs 🎉
- Fixed an issue with Dynamic Data where URLs would sometimes not be handled correctly 🙌
- Collapsibles? No longer a closed book! If Collapsible component is inside an Accordion and is set to start opened, it'll do just that at the start.🔓
- Copying and pasting styles in the editor now includes Image positioning styles 📊
- Massive editor speed win for pages with lots of metafields - edits for pages with metafields now take half the time in most cases! 💨
- Fixed an issue with the editor preview where in certain cases, the component's blue outline would be positioned incorrectly
- Fixed an issue with the Marketplace interface where in certain cases the count of templates in some categories would be incorrect
- Fixed a billing issue where in certain cases if your Shopify store's plan was cancelled, it would still show up that you were on a paid plan for Replo
- Fixed an issue where very large pages would fail to publish in certain circumstances
- Fixed those glitchy logos on the Contact Sales page, they're looking sharp now. 👩💼
- Fixed an issue with the Ticker component where in very specific circumstances the animation would not look correct