Shopify Metafields help you add and store additional structured information for your store and products. For example, you can store additional information about a product, such as features, specifications, and size charts. If you sell grocery items, you can use metafields to add and display the expiration dates of items.
Displaying your Shopify Metafields on Replo Pages
- Ensure you have correctly stored the added metafields in your Shopify admin.
- Drag a Text component into a Product container configured to point at a product with metafields configured.
- Select the text component, then from the right side tab, select dynamic data as the source by clicking on the four dots icons
- Choose the specific data source. In this case, select Current Product > Metafields. This will allow you to view all available metafields for that product. You can also select metafields associated with a variant.
- Click on “Use Dynamic Property” and the data will be updated for that component on the editor.
Only Metafields of type single_line_text_field, multi_line_text_field, number_decimal, number_integer, color, url, and file_reference work within Replo. Any other metafield types are NOT pulled in via the dynamic data functionality.
That’s how you can access and display your metafields on Replo using the corresponding components. If everything is correctly setup and you are still not seeing your metafields data, please contact the Replo Support Team for assistance.
Displaying your Shopify Metafields on Replo Product Templates
Objective: Enhance your product pages by adding custom data such as texts, images, or any other content specific to a product using Shopify's Metafields.
Consider you have two types of products:
- A long-sleeve shirt with specific care instructions.
- A non-clothing item that doesn't require any care instructions.
You want the shirt to display its custom care guide, but not the non-clothing item.
How to Set up Metafields in Shopify
- Navigate to your Shopify admin and select the product you wish to add custom content to.
- Locate and click on Metafields.
- In the Metafields section, add your custom data. For the shirt, you might add a field named "Custom Care Guide" and input the care instructions.
Note: For the non-clothing item, you wouldn't add any care instructions.
Displaying Metafields on Replo Product Pages
- Open a product details page or other templated layout in Replo.
- Add a text component to the page where you want the metafield data to appear.
- Click the dynamic data selector and select the metafield you’d like to use (in this case, “Care instructions”). For products with the specified metafield (like the care guide for the shirt), the custom text will be displayed. If you switch to a different product, like a non-clothing item without care instructions in this case, the component will be hidden since no metafield was assigned.